A VDR is similar to the black boxescarried on aircraft. The VR-7000 aids investigators in securingevidence by reviewing procedures and instructions in themoments before an accident.
The VR-7000 collects data fromall interfaced sensors on board the vessel, storing it in anexternal Data Recording Unit (DRU). The system comes withtwo tamperproof DRU units, one xed and one oat-free.They are designed to withstand the extreme impact, pressure,shock and heat, which may happen during an incident.When the DRU is retrieved, the stored data can be replayed byauthorities to investigate the cause of the accident.
- Complies with the IMO performance standards for VD
- Easy to integrate with FURUNO INS Network
- Video LAN converter can convert the Radar signal (DVI or RGB) into Ethernet
- Optional sensor adapter gathers all the serial/analog/digital sensor data and collectively feeds it to DCU
- “Live Player V5” for monitoring and playback of the collected data in the DCU on the PC
- Extracted the data can be retrieved onto the USB ash memory
NEW FEATURE 10.07.2019
An unique QR code is newly printed on an individual APT test report and COC issued by GSP. The QR code provides customers and surveyors direct access to Furuno’s website to check the details of APT. The QR code would be a help for the customers who would like to confirm that APT was conducted by Furuno’s authorized APT service providers. The QR code can also be a help to eliminate a false COC issued by unauthorized companies which do not receive appropriate training nor technical supports available on GSP.
- Target: ship name, flag/class, manufacturer and model/serial number
- Status: status of manufacture’s analysis
- Progress: company and date of APT, manufacture’s analysis and COC
- Scan the QR code printed on APT test report or COC by a camera of smart devices*.
- Access to URL shown on the smart device.
- If manufacture’s analysis had been finished and the approver has approved it, “APPROVED” and details will be shown. Otherwise, “NOT APPROVAL” will be shown**.
* The QR code in poor condition may not be recognizable by camera.
** “APPROVED” is shown even if the subject COC with FND’s stamp has not been uploaded to GSP.