FAP-3000 has interface to external Mode Selection Systems for direct call from the installed work stations (Autopilot Control Panels) and with facility for unconditional call to the Master Workstation only.
Data available on serial interface for displaying “Curved Electronic Bearing Line” on ECDIS and Radars. e.g. useful when programming Next Turns. Advanced navigation computer interface is provided via NMEA sentences : $PESSA, $PESSD, $PESSX.
Speed Information 200 pulses per nautical mile or $xxVTG, $xxVBW, $xxVHW, $PESSD from ECDIS.
Alarm interface based on dry contacts or NMEA $xxALR and $xxACK. BNWAS reset interface based on dry contact or NMEA $xxEVE. VDR interface via NMEA sentences : $PESSA, $PESSD, $xxALR
Dual gyro input with bumpless change-over of steering reference in case of a gyro failure.
Digital input to make gyro selection follow the gyro change over system setting.
FAP-3000 is preset from factory, which makes sea trial and setup simple. The Commissioning and Sea trial are supported by helpful setup wizards and performance data recording on laptop via the built in USB interface in the AEU.
Separate rudder order outputs to give possibilities for improving propulsion and steering efficiency.
The autopilot is type approved against MED 96/98/EC (Annex A.1 Item no: A.1/4.16 & USCGModule- B No 165.110/EC0098) IEC 60945.
Whats new in FAP-3000?
- FAP-3000 has a Course control mode. (Drift compensated Heading control)
- FAP-3000 control panel has a 6.5 inch TFT Ultra bright display with LED backlight ( 800 cd/m2 ).
- The display offers a significant improvement to the man machine interface by displaying more and mode relevant information than FAP-2000 e.g.:
-Speed information, both Water Speed and Ground Speed.
-Actual Rudder, if the information is provided.
-Dual Rudder Order Indication for dual rudder vessels.
-Rudder Toe angle for dual rudder vessels.
-Actual Gyro in use when 2 gyros are connected to the autopilot.
-Clear indication of Rudder Limits
- More flexible bridge design options. 4 control panels can be connected to a single FAP-3000 system.
- The Navigator can, when Programming Next, set Next Radius or Next Heading, still keeping the actual settings easy available in the background. This provides an easy swap between modification of ongoing maneuvers and programming mode.
- FAP-3000s product life time of course exceeds FAP-2000. FAP-2000 was released in 1995. FAP-3000 was released in 2013 For setup and integration
- Setup and Service via standard pc USB or Ethernet cable using Windows tools.
- Built in USB master and slave port for software load and parameter backup and restore.
- Standard Ethernet Connection.