Chart Update system for ECDIS
GATE-1 is the Digital Chart Book of a modern bridge installation, where easy and trouble free automatic chart download is essential. By GATE-1 the weekly submittance of chart CD’s (DVD’s) are eliminated and substantial internal courier expenses can be saved.
- Automatic charts download, updates and permits delivery including AIO
- Integrates UKHO's ENC vector (AVCS) and ARCS raster charts in a 'one box' solution.
- Secured data transfer - Military grade encrypted protection via INMARSAT or VSAT.
- No CD/DVD media required· Efficient and VIRUS-free.
- Updates, charts and permits are usually onboard within 4 hours from release.
- No media handling - no shipping costs.
- Time saving in the office and onboard - Uses only 3 KB/s bandwidth.
The internal GATE-1 SW secure that the data/chart transfer from ‘Shore to Ship’ is smooth and virus free and possible breaches in the Inmarsat/VSAT connection will have no influence on the transfer- it simply resume the data transfer from the last received ‘byte’ - if the connection is interrupted. This feature counters the previous challenges with direct chart transfers, which often are causing complete restart of ECDIS systems, if the update/download may be interrupted.
The GATE -1 is deliberately downloading the data on a very low data speed (3 KB/s) in order not to disturb and occupy commercial and crew data traffic.
Being fed with Chart data from the Ships Net LAN connection, the GATE-1 box is connected directly to FURUNO’s ECDIS FEA 21x7 or the new FURUNO FMD 3x00 systems by a LAN cable, avoiding data storage and transfer to ‘insecure’ USB’s or other medias.