A VDR is similar to the black boxescarried on aircraft. The VR-7000 aids investigators in securingevidence by reviewing procedures and instructions in themoments before an accident.
The VR-7000 collects data fromall interfaced sensors on board the vessel, storing it in anexternal Data Recording Unit (DRU). The system comes withtwo tamperproof DRU units, one xed and one oat-free.They are designed to withstand the extreme impact, pressure,shock and heat, which may happen during an incident.When the DRU is retrieved, the stored data can be replayed byauthorities to investigate the cause of the accident.
- Complies with the IMO performance standards for VD
- Easy to integrate with FURUNO INS Network
- Video LAN converter can convert the Radar signal (DVI or RGB) into Ethernet
- Optional sensor adapter gathers all the serial/analog/digital sensor data and collectively feeds it to DCU
- “Live Player V5” for monitoring and playback of the collected data in the DCU on the PC
- Extracted the data can be retrieved onto the USB ash memory